How are counseling and coaching different?
Here are five ways counseling and coaching are different from each other:
- In counseling, the emphasis is often on the past. Coaching puts the emphasis on the future.
- The goal of counseling is often healing and recovery. Coaching is more about progress and development.
- In counseling, you work on your wounds. Coaching focuses on your strengths.
- In counseling, there's a licensing process. In coaching, there are certifications.
- The counseling profession is largely holding steady.
- The coaching profession is a rising tide.
We also have a blog post called "5 Ways Coaching Is Different Than Counseling."
How much does a coaching session cost?
The cost of coaching sessions vary from coach to coach based on experience, background, and business operations. In the marketplace, shoppers can search for coaches within a price range and sort search results based on prices.
What happens in a coaching session?
Regardless of the topic, coaching centers on four activities: assessing the current situation, having a vision for the future, identifying obstacles, and creating action steps forward. To do this, the coach will understand what you want to get from the session, ask powerful questions, and bring out action steps and accountability.
Is coaching the same as mentoring?
Although many people confuse mentoring with coaching, they’re not the same.
- In mentoring, the mentor is the expert of certain subjects, whereas in coaching, the coach is the expert of the coaching process.
- In mentoring, the mentor decides how the student ought to grow, however, in coaching, the client sets the agenda.
- In mentoring, the student asks questions of the mentor, but the role of the coach is to ask questions to stir insight and understanding so the client learns from himself.
- In mentoring, the goal is for the student to become more like the mentor, but in coaching, the goal is for the client to become more of himself.
- In mentoring, the mentor invites the student into the mentor’s life, but in coaching, the coach invites the client into the client’s life.
Can I ask you a question?
Use the FAQ section of your site to answer those routine questions that always come up and need to be answered. This is a great way to tell us more about what you can offer, fill in some details that might intrigue us, and show us how knowledgeable and helpful you can be.
Coaches on the Marketplace
How do coaches get paid?
During account setup, coaches enter their bank account IF their bank account is in a country that does not work with Stripe, then they can link their PayPal business account. When a client books a service, the coache gets notified. If the coach accepts the transaction, then the client's card will be charged and payment transferred to Munyay. At the completion of the service, the client marks the order as complete and payment is transferred to the coach's account minus the Munyay service fee and payment gateway fee.
How can coaches list services on the marketplace?
All coaches on the marketplace must get approved by filling out the coach application. Once they're approved, coaches receive a welcome email that guides them through setup and operation of the marketplace. There's also a private email list and Facebook group for Munyay Approved Coaches.
How does Munyay help coaches to streamline business operations?
Munyay streamlines several business operations into one so you can focus on coaching clients instead of hassling with multiple vendors. For example, Munyay provides: coach listings, customer star ratings, shareable content, messaging, scheduling, and client payment.
How can coaches get new clients through Munyay?
Through paid marketing, content marketing, and organic marketing efforts, Munyay attracts potential buyers to the marketplace. From there, buyers find coaches through search results and featured listings. In addition, coaches can share their listings via social media or email, submit blog content to be featured on the Munyay Blog, and be matched by special programs.
How much does it cost to list a coaching service?
It's absolutely free! We want you to grow your business and see benefits immediately, so we're waiving the coach subscription fee. You'll receive 85% of the booking fee minus the financial transaction fees by Stripe or PayPal. We don't get paid unless you get paid!
What's the best size for pictures when I'm setting up my listing?
For best results, we recommend you use JPG, GIF, or PNG images that are 660 x 440 pixels.