I mentioned before about working on a series of devotions for kids. My 12 year-old daughter and I wrote them together.
We’re happy to say the first batch is out. The “Kids Daily Christ Reader” is a series of 30 devotions to help kids see Christ for ALL he is.
What’s different about these readings is that we’re trying to help kids see who Jesus IS NOW and what he’s DOING NOW.
Unless we parents and teachers are careful, then our kids can see Jesus as only a:
– Mere human who was born, helped people, and died
– Great teacher with good stories but little relevance for now
– Savior envisioned as still hanging on the cross
– Once-risen Lord with minimal power or authority today
– Soon-coming king who is not a currently active king
But there’s so much more to who Jesus is. These readings may even help adults; God knows they’ve helped me.
You can get the “Kids Daily Christ Reader” by clicking below.Continue Reading...